Location: Midema, DRC
Reports To: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Quality managers, Technical service/customer service managers
Job Type: Expatriate
- Responsible for assuring product quality and overseeing customer care and technical service for the milling and baking operations in the Congos.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Partner with regional sales and marketing leaders to build relationships with key customers to anticipate future needs and market direction.
- Direct and coordinate all aspects of quality control so as to achieve zero defects at the customer.
- Monitor all aspects of the customer experience including product performance and consistency, customer service, order accuracy, and product availability.
- Coordinate research and development to define new value propositions for current and potential customers and markets.
- Train technical service personnel and sales team in technical baking.
- Have familiarity with the impact of enzymes and other micro-ingredients on flour performance for a variety of baking processes.
- Offer technical solutions to bakeries with regard to process and practices.
- Implement ingredient solutions to address performance issues for given processes and raw material blends.
- Manage the order planning of ingredients and provide input on purchasing decisions.
- Responsible for managing the lab, equipment testing and performance.
- Maintain communication and positive business relationships with customers at all times.
Education & Experience
- Master Baker, INBP, AIB, or other internationally-recognized credential in baking.
- 5+ years in bakery operations, bakery technical service, or bakery ingredient optimization.
- Experience with a variety of bakery products and processes from industrial to artisan methods.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all professional levels.
- Exceptional organizational skills are required for the position.
- Fluency in French and English required.
- ERP and/or CRM systems as related to customer interaction.
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of clients and operations.
- Ability to operate outside of normal comfort zone and competency.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to the nature of the clients’ operations.
- Travel will be approximately 50%.
- Must be able to work in high-pressure situations.